What is it? This book is based on 14 years of observation, work and interaction with thousands of high school and college-age students through one of Americas leading youth success programs Eagle U. Early in his career, Steve Anderson noticed that many of his fellow university graduates went through extensive employment trial and error that cost them several years (an average of seven) of delay in settling into careers. With determination to help high school and college students to avoid this experience, he founded Eagle U. This gave him the opportunity to interact with students from across the country. It was in this process that he discovered that much of the lack of direction that is characteristic of young people has its roots in the youths interchanges with conscientious and thoughtful parents, coaches, advisors and other adults in positions of influence. Some or all of these were unknowingly causing the young people to develop habits that can cause delays in career development . With a great depth of experience interacting with students, the author documented in a book the things he discovered so that parents would be sensitive to potential mistakes before they are committed.
Here are some of the things youll discover in this book:
- What parental actions cause young people to lack motivation. Chapter 6
- How parents subconsciously affect young peoples choice of friends. Chapter 8
- What can be done to make young people more self-reliant. Chapter 9
- What parental actions cause young people to develop approval addiction. Chapter 5
- How to keep young people from allowing average to be acceptable. Chapter 6
- How parents cause young people to take everything they have for granted. Chapter 1
- What can be done to help young people enjoy being conscientious workers. Chapter 12
- How to show young people the right path without seeming to be overbearing. Chapter 4
Who can benefit from it?
- Parents with kids any age
- Any adult who interacts with young people